Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I strained my back - OUCH

I've heard that from folks. Morphine is sedative, but not pain killer. For
sore backs, my doctors tell me ibuprophen is the drug of choice, it reduces
swelling.

Wish they made ibuprophen with codeine. Or, maybe they do.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

Ditto your experience right down to the single malt scotch. I was on
Tylenol three days after heart surgery. 24 hours after breaking my back.
Still, though, the nurses would come in, I'd request Tylenol or a Lortab,
and they'd look at the chart and say, "Oh, don't you want some morphine.
You can have morphine. I'll go get you some morphine. Let me go talk to
the doctor and make sure you can have tylenol." Right now, it's a
rollercoaster with my pain meds. I take them when I need them. I can't
imagine anyone taking them for fun. If I take two too close together, I
vomit.

Today is a bad day, and I have to drive to Vegas, and tomorrow sit on a jet
to Kauai. I'll make it. I'll be thinking of you all.

Yeah, right.

Steve