Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:56:44 -0000, jakdedert wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

snip

Then use the new type of NiMH, the pre-charged ones which don't lose power sat on the shelf. Take them out the packet and they are as good as alkalines. Only keep them for a fraction of their life if you want a nice long charge, and put them in a trickle charger when not in use.

In a word; no.

We don't have trickle chargers in the truck that takes them to the next
city; nor the time to monitor their health. A new Procell is a 'known'
resource. It always works, IME. It always lasts about the same amount
of time. When it's exhausted (actually long before) we discard it--or
switch it to less demanding tasks--and grab a new one (which will last
exactly as long as the last one did). I have a box of used ones right
across the room. Want some? They're great for kids toys, flashlights,
portable radios etc.

You're not listening. Use them yourself if you want to. I value my job
and my reputation much higher than the price of a new battery...or a
thousand of them.

What will you do when they stop making them?

I had amnesia once -- or twice.