Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default proposed HOA formation

"SteveBell" wrote:

If someone asks me to help plant shrubs, I'll be glad to participate,
but I'm not going to support setting up an HOA. About what do I need to
worry here?

* I assume they can't impose an HOA after the fact unless we agree. Am
I right?
* What if 75% of the homeowners agree to the HOA?

It's unlikely this will ever get past the talking stage, but if nothing
else, it's an interesting question. I'll go talk to my lawyer if it
becomes a reality.

No, your property dan't be encumbered after the fact without your consent or
judicial action - neither of which is likely.

Your neighbors can form a voluntary neighborhood association, raise funds and
apply those funds towards neighborhood improvements. You can't be compelled to
join or contribute.