R W

Default Heated Towel Rails

Con Boylan wrote:
Hi all

I have just been looking at range of heated Towel Rails available. I
want a chrome finish or maybe a stainless steel one to add to my
central heating setup.

There is a great variation in price for the chrome rails. I was quoted
£430.00 from a local bathroom shop, where the assistant told me that
the chrome tends to chip off the cheaper models; hence the steep
price.

The chrome has rusted and flaked off our bathroom accessories
(toothbrush holder, wall shelves, toilet roll holder etc) in under 2
years. So it can happen....

If I still had the receipt I would go back and argue they are not fit
for purpose. You would expect products made for a damp environment like
a bathroom not to rust in under 2 years....