Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Illinois or Louisiana?

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The Illinois Governor in Federal prison is Ryan - a Republican.

Do you think Blago will share the cell?

No, I don't.
As a legal matter,which is what his has become, it doesn't appear that
Blogojevich descended from despicable into criminal.
Illinois will impeach him unless they are all cut from the same bolt.

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

JC

From what I've read of the tapes, the feds have just a lot of talk
without anything to back it up. A good lawyer will chew their case up.

It looked that way to me as well but I haven't seen the complaint.

However, (if I may slip into my mother tongue) Youse guys don unnerstan
da complexities of Illinois bolitics.

Chicago and Springfield are not the same thing, in fact they are barely
on speaking terms.
Here in Chicago we have a feudal system of government. The mayor stays in
power because he perpetuates a system that lets the aldermen squeeze all
they want from fiefdoms.

It is kind of a free for all. We have organized crime, but frankly,
they're not all that organized. In fact they are downright lazy. They
prefer to let someone else do the work then they come by and shake them
down.

Springfield, on the other hand, has been all mobbed up for as long as I
can remember. Democrat, Republican it doesn't matter they are all getting
paid by the same guy.

It ain't Rezko he's just a punk in the Chicago tradition.

The guy to watch is named Cellini.

He was out of the country when the Rezko stuff broke, but he came back to
face indictment.

My guess is that Fitz gets some goods on Blago and Cellini does six
months in club fed.

That makes sense.

In Springfield, Blago's crime wasn't being crooked, it was trying to cut
out the middleman.

Stupidity, in other words.

JC

The worst part is that Springfield will go right back to being the same
pesthole it was before.
We didn't vote Blago in because we thought he was a white knight.
We knew him, we knew his father in law.
We voted him in because, every now and then, you have to shake the bedbugs
out of the linens down there.

Paul K. Dickman