Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default caulk between backerboard and shower pan

On Dec 17, 2:44*am, wrote:

what kind of caulk should I use
between the backer board and the shower pan? *I think I would use GE
Silicone II.

Many posts in this NG relate problems with GE silicone II. Short shelf
life, failure to cure completely, etc. Personally I can confirm the
problems. The original silicone formulations are still the best. I've
used tubes that have been around the shop for some years with no
difficulty at all. But you may want to consider another high
performance or specialized sealant, because anything the silicone
touches will inhibit bonding of tiles in that area. Polyurethane door
and window sealants are possibilities. Choose wisely and good luck.

Joe