Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default HOA says no pickup trucks in driveway

wrote in message
news
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:52:28 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

why anyone buys into deed restricted communities leaves me at a
loss........

my home means if I want a purple flamingo in the front yard no one
should be able to do a thing about it

There are people who don't want anyone around them to upset their
little world with anything different than what their narrow mind finds
acceptable.
I wouldn't be shocked if this case is appealed. This fires a shot
across the bow of every HOA in Florida.

BTW truck restrictions are not that rare around here. In Cape Coral
you can't have a truck in your driveway by city ordinance.

Ah, you are talking about a municipality. The HOA is a totally different
beast.

Anybody in an HOA in Florida who is not familiar with the state statutes
regarding their type of HOA and in particular FL 617, which deals with
corporations not for profit, probably deserves what they get.

And that goes double for anyone who gets on the board.

Been there, done that,

Charlie