Posted to alt.home.repair
sanity sanity is offline

Default HOA says no pickup trucks in driveway

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Sanity wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 17, 1:38 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:52:28 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
why anyone buys into deed restricted communities leaves me at a
loss........ my home means if I want a purple flamingo in the
front yard no one should be able to do a thing about it
There are people who don't want anyone around them to upset their little
world with anything different than what their narrow mind
finds acceptable. I wouldn't be shocked if this case is appealed.
This fires a shot across the bow of every HOA in Florida.

BTW truck restrictions are not that rare around here. In Cape Coral
you can't have a truck in your driveway by city ordinance.

Wonder what kind of stroke the HOA would have were one to buy a
junker car, chop the top back off and remove the trunk lid, viola! a
Pickup but the registration will show it is a car.

Harry K

Explain something to me. Someone buys a home in an HOA. Prior to
buying they are given the docs and sign a statement to abide by them.
Then all of a sudden they scream, kick and cry when one of the regs
from the docs are enforced. Please explain why that person bought in
an HOA in the first place if he didn't want to follow their rules.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like HOA's but I sure wouldn't buy in one
if I disagreed with the docs and had no intention of following them.

I believe in the case that hit fark.com recently (I assume that that is
what this thread is about) the home moaner actually did check out the
requirements before buying, but the ones being enforced are not the same
ones given to him to review pre-purchase. I think that he does have a
case if the facts are as represented in the article I read.

Oh, and HOA's suck.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

He only has a case if the docs and bylaws were not presented to him. And I
guaranty he signed that he received and reviewed them before closing.