Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default HOA says no pickup trucks in driveway

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:38:46 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:52:28 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

why anyone buys into deed restricted communities leaves me at a
loss........

my home means if I want a purple flamingo in the front yard no one
should be able to do a thing about it

There are people who don't want anyone around them to upset their
little world with anything different than what their narrow mind finds
acceptable.
I wouldn't be shocked if this case is appealed. This fires a shot
across the bow of every HOA in Florida.

BTW truck restrictions are not that rare around here. In Cape Coral
you can't have a truck in your driveway by city ordinance.

Cape Coral: A Boy Scout family was fined for setting up tents in a
front yard. Just for a day; after a camping trip, so the tents would
air-out. It started when "snow-birds" didn't go back North...

This was in the late '70's.