Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Which would you choose?

Wild_Bill wrote:
Something I discovered while looking at minilathe accessories is that
a MT3 to 3C adapter and drawtubes are available for using 3C collets
with the 7x models instead of using Morse Taper 3 collets.
These adapters are for use in any machine that has a MT3 spindle with
a 3/4" (.750") thru hole. This includes 7x models, South Bend and the
9x20 series lathes.
The 3C collets are self-releasing, so they don't need to be
driven/tapped out like the locking MT collets do.
Additionally, the 3C collets allow the material to pass thru the
collet, which MT collets don't. This allows longer lengths of
material to be fed thru the headstock.

OTOH am I correct to assume that I could use my MT3 collet set from my
mini-mill?