Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default upvc front door won't open or lock

Mark coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi,

My uPVC front door suddenly won't open or lock. It is shut but does
not feel properly closed (I can move it a little). The handle won't
lift enough to lock it nor drop enough to open the door.

It's not under warranty. Can anyone give my some hints on how to open
it or lock it?

Do the locks operate correctly if the door's open? If so, either the hinges
have dropped or one or more the the lock plates in the frame are out of
adjustment.

Plates are easily reset if you can locate the one that catching. Never tried
adjusting a hinge but probably a cap to take off to reveal a screw to tweak
it - at least the ones I've seen.

Cheers

Tim