Posted to alt.home.repair
kekil kekil is offline

Default continuing knocking sound in water pipe half an hour after all water off

kekil had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ft-230973-.htm
:
i know this was a long time ago .. but any update on this? wondering if
it worked for you. me and two other people have the same issue!!

-------------------------------------
wrote:

Thanks for the advices. I turned the toilet water off last night. It
seems work. I will retest it tonight to confirm it.

On Jul 3, 7:21 pm, "jmagerl"
wrote:
"beecrofter" wrote in
message

oups.com...

On Jul 3, 2:30 pm, wrote:
This knocking pipe problem is really strange. It is a
weak knocking
sound 2 or 3 times per second normally happened at night
time in about
half an hour after all water usage is stopped. Once it
started, it
will keep knocking till the next morning. It really
drives me crazy.
The only way I found that can stop it temporarily is
using water like
flushing the toilet. It will stop the knocking about
another half an
hour. So imaging that, wake up by the noise at 1:00AM,
flush the
toilet, try to get back to sleep before 1:30AM, if not,
flush again...
Anyone can give some advice?

try shutting off the supply to the toilet

Yep. the toilet. The flapper has a slow leak which causes the
water valve to
turn on very slowly making all sorts of evil noises. Fix is to
replace the
flapper and while you have everything apart replace the fill valve
also,

CHeck this by turning off the toilet water and see if the tank
drops any
over night

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/