Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default I strained my back - OUCH

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I take about 400 doses of meds per month, about 100 of those are pain
meds. Some days I take none, and some days, I take four or five.

I'm not going to suffer when there is relief. I don't take them to alter
my mood or get goofy.

That is a ****load of medication. What happened to you that requires all
of that? (I'm not suggesting it's not required; just wondering why.)

I myself was in a plane crash back in the late 80's, suffered an
incomplete amputation of one arm (reattached) and crushed a hip. I went
through a period of using a lot of pain meds, then nothing at all for a
very long time; then by the early 2000s I was using an ungodly amount of
NSAIDs. I finally got the crushed hip replaced. Getting rid of the bad
hip fixed most of my ongoing problems with low back pain (caused by
lurching when I walked). Today I'm not on any medication at all.
Nothing. I consider myself very fortunate.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Knee operation. Three shoulder operations. 8.5 hour 5 way bypass with
aortic valve replacement, 1 cm. crush fracture of L1 vertebra, ascending
aortic aneurysm, arthritis, degenerative cervical spondylosys, traumatic
brain injury, high blood pressure, anticoagulant blood monitoring for heart
valve, angina, cholesterol maintenance, and ............ probably something
else I can't think of.

When you get older, two things fail you. Memory is the first, and I don't
recall the second.