Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default "Drilling" plexiglas

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:48:10 -0500, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

In , on Mon, 15 Dec 2008
16:30:11 -0600, spaco, wrote:

We'd have to drill many holes in 3'8" thick plexiglas, on-site,

Double take... triple take. Oh!!!! He meant 3/8"

Otherwise, that man needs transparent aluminum. Scotty will fix him up
with the formula.

I know I've drilled plexiglass, but it's been so
many years, I don't recall the trick. I *think* we
just put a block of wood under it.

Forstner bits work OK, but brad point billdrits are the best I've
found for plexi. Yes, back it up and hold it down on the backup
board!

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.