Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default I strained my back - OUCH

"Red Green" wrote

Try and picture this. She's a neurosurgeon originally from Bayone NJ so
you
can fill in the accent and vernacular. She has large frame for woman but
nor really fat. She says no surgery. I'm like OK so then what? She has a
skirt on. Crosses her legs with meaty thigh somewhat raised. Says to me
"You and I have the same problem." Whacks her thigh and says, "I got a fat
ass and I gotta live with it. You got a bad back and gotta live with it."
says lady your alright in my book for not dancing around things. At least
now I have some concrete direction.

LOL! My kinda Doc! She's right too. I doubt the fellow has more than
muscular strain but some of us others (as you can see from the size of the
thread, OT as it may be) can give some basics.

Mortimer will agree with this:

General rules, specifics may vary in some cases.

-Use a chiro your Doc recommends.
-If any numbness, tingling, or 'it feels asleep or half asleep' see a Doc
before a Chiro.
-Numbness and/or tingling in groin especially if urination is difficult,
emergency room.
-Pain is how your body says something is wrong. Do not stretch if it hurts.
-If stretching hurts, have a Doc evaluate it if serious pain and dont do
that again til then