Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default I strained my back - OUCH

"olddog" wrote

Actually been meaning to mention this but X-rays alone arent really
what's needed. MRI is also needed as some things will not show on
X-rays.

I've never been serious enough to warrant MRI's. I think you have to have
some signs of nerve interference and my reflexes and muscle strength have
remained intact.

Lucky you ;-) Keep it that way! Although I'm not the worst off here (and
do NOT wanna be either!) I'm well in the MRI range. Had my second full
series spinal MRI from head to tailbone a bit ago to match against the other
one taken in Jan07. Groan, now Doc is thinking to do my ankles, knees,
elbows, and wrists. Xrays arent optimal for soft tissue damage.