Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default I strained my back - OUCH

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I take about 400 doses of meds per month, about 100 of those are pain meds.
Some days I take none, and some days, I take four or five.

I'm not going to suffer when there is relief. I don't take them to alter my
mood or get goofy.

That is a ****load of medication. What happened to you that requires all of
that? (I'm not suggesting it's not required; just wondering why.)

I myself was in a plane crash back in the late 80's, suffered an incomplete
amputation of one arm (reattached) and crushed a hip. I went through a period
of using a lot of pain meds, then nothing at all for a very long time; then by
the early 2000s I was using an ungodly amount of NSAIDs. I finally got the
crushed hip replaced. Getting rid of the bad hip fixed most of my ongoing
problems with low back pain (caused by lurching when I walked). Today I'm not
on any medication at all. Nothing. I consider myself very fortunate.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com