Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default I strained my back - OUCH

Red Green wrote in
:

"cshenk" wrote in
:

"Oren" wrote

Get yourself a Chiropractor RIGHT now, don't wait 12 days after you
have to crawl to the toilet in pain.

Oren, the reason why I'd not recommend that as first step, is without
knowing more, a chiro can in some cases unwittingly do more damage
than cure.

I dont know if all chiros are MD's. I just know mine is. He works
with my spine surgeon to help defer surgical level needs as long as
possible for people like me.

a chiro can in some cases unwittingly do more damage
than cure.

This is EXACTLY why I said in my post not a chiro. I didwant to so
into stories but here's the short version. Back messed up so bad I had
to walk hunched over. Roll over in bed, even though almost impossible
to fall asleep, and wake in tears. I go to chiro for first time. He
does the xrays, twisting, crunching, stupid wires with tingle pulses
and all. Not getting better. Got the msg from my body via pain that
something is wrong so now is the time for pain meds. Says he doesn't
give pain meds. Screw this. Go to neuro doctor. Turns out I had a
bulged disk ready to bust...and this ****ing asshole is beating on it.
Never again. Never recommend.

And here's "The rest of the story":

As Mortimer Schnerd, RN sais in his post:

Back problems fall in the overlap between neurosurgery and orthopedic
surgery.
Any practitioner worth a damn will be...
very reluctant to schedule any surgery.

I did end up going to a neurosurgeon. She says no surgery without full test
results. Had X-rays, tests, CT scan (or something like it), etc., etc.
Went back for results and plan consultation.

Try and picture this. She's a neurosurgeon originally from Bayone NJ so you
can fill in the accent and vernacular. She has large frame for woman but
nor really fat. She says no surgery. I'm like OK so then what? She has a
skirt on. Crosses her legs with meaty thigh somewhat raised. Says to me
"You and I have the same problem." Whacks her thigh and says, "I got a fat
ass and I gotta live with it. You got a bad back and gotta live with it." I
says lady your alright in my book for not dancing around things. At least
now I have some concrete direction.