Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:52:16 -0500, the renowned "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

BobW wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

DaveC wrote:

I want to keep some NiMH rechargeable 9v batteries in my tool bag (well,
my
meter bag, actually). I am currently running a double loop of electrical
tape
around the entire battery to insulate the terminals.

I'd like to use something more durable (one battery has had a terminal
peek
through the tape) and was thinking about something like a battery
terminal
connector but made of insulating material like nylon (probably of some
cheaper plastic).

Does such a thing exist? I did web searches, but maybe my terminology
isn't
spot-on...

Ideas?

http://www.keyelco.com/products/prod37.asp?SubCategoryID=24

Congratulations, Michael! You're the winner!

Thanks. Keystone has always had odd, but useful niche products. They
came through lots of times, when no one else came close. They also have
the best 9 volt battery connectors I've ever used. I used to repair VHF
walkie talkies and used their part number 83 for the replacement battery
packs I built, and the OEM packs that were built with the five cent
chinese parts.

FIVE CENTS!!??!! Solid gold were they?

With their poor quality they were only worth five cents, by the
hundred.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.