Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

On Dec 16, 9:06*am, DaveC wrote:
I want to keep some NiMH rechargeable 9v batteries in my tool bag (well, my
meter bag, actually). I am currently running a double loop of electrical tape
around the entire battery to insulate the terminals.

I'd like to use something more durable

I just use some stiff paper, wrap one end of the battery
like an Xmas present, and tape the paper. This makes
a paper friction-fit cap, which has never failed me.

Strapping tape is permanent enough, but some kinds of
book-repair (urethane?) tape are better. Kapton is overkill,
but... the problem gets dead, it stays dead... that works.