Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

In article .net,
DaveC wrote:
I want to keep some NiMH rechargeable 9v batteries in my tool bag (well,
my meter bag, actually). I am currently running a double loop of
electrical tape around the entire battery to insulate the terminals.

I'd like to use something more durable (one battery has had a terminal
peek through the tape) and was thinking about something like a battery
terminal connector but made of insulating material like nylon (probably
of some cheaper plastic).

Does such a thing exist? I did web searches, but maybe my terminology
isn't spot-on...

Pro Duracells PP3 size in the UK come with a plastic clip on cover for the
positive terminal as they are usually supplied in bulk - ie no individual
wrapping. So that's to prevent shorts in a partially emptied box.
Find a film or TV crew and ask the sound guy for some.

--
*Your kid may be an honours student, but you're still an idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.