Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Electrolytics question - update

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Win2000 was an improvement, but was ill suited to environments
where it was exposed to a wide variety of hardware and software.
Microsoft didn't really make a stable and versatile OS until XP
came out.

I've been running W2K for over seven years, and it has been extremely
stable. I can't remember the last cras. And the few crashes I did have
were
Word lockups -- which I also haven't seen in several years.

The consensus is still that W2K is the most-stable version of Windows.

Many people share your experiencences, myself included. And in every case
I've personally seen, those who run it with few or no crashes do so in a
limited and controlled environment. I had a few W2K workstations that I used
for 2 or 3 years that never crashed. It was in a controlled environment, the
hardware never changed, and only limited software was allowed on it.

Back in the SP1 or so era, I found W2K to be unusable on a few of my boxes
because of the lack of drivers for some of my hardware. Specifically, I had
ATI Rage Fury cards in my box, and ATI was unable to provide stable drivers
for these cards. I had to abanodon it and go back to Win98 on those boxes.
Other compability issues prevented me from using Win2K until later service
packs came out.

Take it outside of the rather small hardware and software box that Microsoft
designed it for, and you have crash city.