Posted to alt.home.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default How Stable is STA-BIL??

Puddin' Man wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 06:33:17 -0500, wrote:

It's the color of automatic transmission fluid (bright red) when it's
new. I doubt it would hurt anything, but it might have lost it's
effectiveness. It's certainly not the right color.

I'm aware that the new STA-BIL on the store shelf is red. But it
has a different mix ratio, so I assume it's a different
formulation.

Anybody know what color it was on the shelf 6-8 years ago?

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

If in doubt, throw it out. Why risk having to throw out some gasoline or
disassemble and clean a carburetor? I hate to throw away something
useful, but this is like holding onto expired food or medicine, if it's
not moldy or stinky it probably won't hurt you, but why chance it?