Posted to alt.home.repair
Ernie Willson Ernie Willson is offline

Default How Stable is STA-BIL??

I think you mean that ethanol enhanced gasoline is 10% alcohol.

EJ in NJ

ransley wrote:
On Dec 15, 6:44 am, ransley wrote:
On Dec 14, 10:41 pm, " wrote:

On Dec 14, 10:49 pm, ransley wrote:
On Dec 14, 7:57 pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
I got this container of STA-BIL, maybe 6 years old, in a 4 oz can like the
old lighter fluid cans (with a squirt spout). Sez 4 oz treats 5 gal's of
gas. Maybe 3 oz left. Can looks fine, no rust or anything.
I squirted a bit into a glass container. Yellow in color, no evident
contamination.
The instructions say to discard after a bit. Most of the instructions
on most of the stuff in this world are subject to the "Squirrelly BS"
consideration. :-)
I don't necessarily trust this stuff, but ...
Would you use it for small 4-stroke motors, 3-4 mos. winter storage?
Cheers,
Puddin'
"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc
probably 1oz evaporated. It may work but not as well.- Hide quoted text -
theres a issue of gasoline with ethanol not being compatible , I would
call the manufacturer and ask- Hide quoted text -

What? Ethanol is 10% gas, it has been for 20+ years and thats all
thats sold here, Alcohol has only good effects on gasolene, it removes
water and raises octane, maybe you meant something else.- Hide quoted text -

I meant Ethanol is 10% alcohol. E85 is totaly different, 85% alcohol
and not a product worth what it costs.