Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default If you make toys...

On Dec 15, 6:11 pm, "Curran Copeland"
wrote:
"Curran Copeland" wrote in message

news
Just an update on my efforts to find out sometilng about this. So far no
information just redtape and double talk, Have talked to several other
toy makers and they are all in shock. Mitch McConnell's office is still
not talking to me, guess I am not big enough.

Something has to give, the law is insane. Don't give up.

Side bar: One of the concerns that the cpsa has is that the small toy maker
might buy lead paint at the local Lowes and wanted to know how I know that
my paint doesn't contain lead.

From wikipedia:
"Paint containing more than 0.06% (600 ppm)[vague] lead was banned for
residential use in the United States in 1978 by the U.S. Consumer
Product Safety Commission (16 Code of Federal Regulations CFR 1303)."

I know there isn't any lead in the paint at Lowes because the
organization you're talking to made it illegal 30 ****ing years ago.
Do they not know that? If you want lead paint in this country you
have to seek out the special lead paint. If they suspect there is
lead in any of the paint there maybe they should do their jobs and go
find out? Now the standard is being lowered from 600 ppm, so I
suppose it's possible there's some paint at Lowe's which doesn't meet
the new standard. Again, a good way to find that out would be to go
to the paint factory and test it there. Or we could wait until every
toy in the US is painted with it, and then test them all. Yeah, that
sounds like a better plan.

-Kevin