Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default "Drilling" plexiglas

spaco wrote:

We had a job recently to install plexiglas shields over a forged steel
gate/railing to keep people from reaching through the ballisters and
unlocking the gate. We'd have to drill many holes in 3'8" thick
plexiglas, on-site, to mount the several pieces that had been
professionally precut to various shapes. Not a good place to fail.
Having had some bad previous experiences cracking the plexiglas when
the drill breaks through, I convinced the boss to stop by a glass shop
on the way to the job and ask them how to prevent problems.

I'd be using lexan in the first place.

Wes