Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default How Stable is STA-BIL??

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:41:28 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Dec 14, 10:49?pm, ransley wrote:
On Dec 14, 7:57?pm, Puddin' Man wrote:

I got this container of STA-BIL, maybe 6 years old, in a 4 oz can like the
old lighter fluid cans (with a squirt spout). Sez 4 oz treats 5 gal's of
gas. Maybe 3 oz left. Can looks fine, no rust or anything.

I squirted a bit into a glass container. Yellow in color, no evident
contamination.

The instructions say to discard after a bit. Most of the instructions
on most of the stuff in this world are subject to the "Squirrelly BS"
consideration. :-)

I don't necessarily trust this stuff, but ...

Would you use it for small 4-stroke motors, 3-4 mos. winter storage?

? Cheers,
? Puddin'

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
? ?- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

probably 1oz evaporated. It may work but not as well.- Hide quoted text -

theres a issue of gasoline with ethanol not being compatible , I would
call the manufacturer and ask

The only issue with ethanol is that NO product will prevent water form
eventual seperation. There is no "compatibility" problem. It just
won't prevent that from happening. The newer formulations brag about
being made specifically for E-10 fuel, but it amounts to better/more
corrosion inhibitors, not change for some "incompatibility".