Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default How Stable is STA-BIL??

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:57:33 -0600, Puddin' Man
wrote:

I got this container of STA-BIL, maybe 6 years old, in a 4 oz can like the
old lighter fluid cans (with a squirt spout). Sez 4 oz treats 5 gal's of
gas. Maybe 3 oz left. Can looks fine, no rust or anything.

I squirted a bit into a glass container. Yellow in color, no evident
contamination.

The instructions say to discard after a bit. Most of the instructions
on most of the stuff in this world are subject to the "Squirrelly BS"
consideration. :-)

I don't necessarily trust this stuff, but ...

Would you use it for small 4-stroke motors, 3-4 mos. winter storage?

It's the color of automatic transmission fluid (bright red) when it's
new. I doubt it would hurt anything, but it might have lost it's
effectiveness. It's certainly not the right color.