Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default Honda generators

Forger wrote:
Forger had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rs-348022-.htm
:

Wow thanks for the service pages
Yeah I am now wondering if I got it 180 off, I know I did have to push
that cam down under the spring pressure now that I think about it to get
the belt on. It never smoked or used oil before this, and tonight I had to
add oil again, and no its not leaking but I see the muffler is actually
wet with oil.
I am really at a loss here, seems like it has to be the valves or piston
involved in burning oil. Unless it has something to do with oil sucking
through the vent hose? I wonder if being 180 off would cause suction or
something there?

What sort of crankcase ventilation does it use? In my car that hose got
kinked and it went through several quarts of oil before I figured out
what was going on.