Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT - Slightly - Eyeglass frame problem

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:07:00 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
LouB wrote:
The metal support for one of the nose pieces broke off my eyeglass
frame. Frame is metal.
Any ideas other than buying new frames ($$$)?

I brazed one of those with a microflame torch
http://www.azuremoon.com/tek9.asp?pg...cific=jnlrcoi0
once--discolored the frame though. How well that's going to work
depends on the frame--brazing steel is pretty easy, brazing titanium I
suspect needs more than a microtorch.

You could try epoxy.

I bought one of those torches at Radio Shack
many years ago. I don't know if RS still sells
the things though. I remember watching a spy
TV show where the spy cut through a steel door
with one of the things and it was quite some
time before I could stop laughing.

TDD

A friend of mine who is pretty smart gave me one of those. I think
because he lives in an apartment and didn't have much storage space.

He kept talking about how hot it got, as if, it seemed to me, it would
be able to do big jobs.