Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Batteries (was Wiring a furnace to run off an extension cord.)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 14:51:49 -0800, James Sweet
wrote:

The other set, in the fridge since last January, were still 1.24 or
1.26 volts when I took them out last week.

NiCads loose about 20%? charge per month - they are USELESS for
standby power apps where they sit unused for months, and are then
expected to work.

They do, and so do conventional NiMH batteries, but there is a new breed
that does not suffer from this problem. Look up Sanyo Eneloop, there are

I don't think that describes mine, even though mine kept their charge
for 9 or 10 months in the fridge. I bought them a year ago. I don't
know if that is older than the new breed. This is all it says on the
label:

They are GP2000 series, made in Malaysia, product of Gold Peak Group,
www.gpbatteries.com.hk

200AAHC, 1.2V typical 1950mAH

Standard charge 16 hours at 190ma.

I bought the camera and the batteries while traveling, not in America.

a number of clones, known as low self discharge, hybrid, etc. I've been
using mostly Eneloops in my stuff and they live up to their claims, and
will hold roughly 85% charge over a year of sitting. I've heard some
others are about the same, only ones I've had any real negative
experience with were Tenergy, they're cheap, but worthless.