Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Slightly - Eyeglass frame problem

J. Clarke wrote:
LouB wrote:
The metal support for one of the nose pieces broke off my eyeglass
frame. Frame is metal.
Any ideas other than buying new frames ($$$)?

I brazed one of those with a microflame torch
http://www.azuremoon.com/tek9.asp?pg...cific=jnlrcoi0
once--discolored the frame though. How well that's going to work
depends on the frame--brazing steel is pretty easy, brazing titanium I
suspect needs more than a microtorch.

You could try epoxy.

I bought one of those torches at Radio Shack
many years ago. I don't know if RS still sells
the things though. I remember watching a spy
TV show where the spy cut through a steel door
with one of the things and it was quite some
time before I could stop laughing.

TDD