Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
z[_2_] z[_2_] is offline

Default Honda generators

(Forger) wrote in
om:

Forger had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rators-331898-
.htm
:

Hey z let me pick your brain again if I can...
I have replaced the timing belt and plastic gear in my own honda 2000
and a friend's. But I seem to have identical problems now with both
generators. They seem to smoke for a few minutes when they are first
started in the morning, and consume more oil than previous. I dont
know what I did by replacing the belt and gear that would cause that,
I time it with the square box on the crank straight up and the lines
on the cam lined up with the case. Any ideas what I did wrong that
would lead to burning oil?

Hmm.. not really off the top of my head. Are you sure its burning the
oil? Like how much does it use? Could it be leaking from a bad seal on
the crank case or something? I don't see how they could run smoothly and
be totally 180 degrees off TDC or something .. but I'm not an uber guru
(paging Ullyses).

I got off my arse and scanned the engine chapter in the repair manual.
Have a look through that and make sure what you did matches that. I
should have scanned this ages ago --

http://www.homebrewhydro.com/eu2000/

Just click the PDF listed there.

Now Honda will probably take me to court but i'll take the risk

Best of luck

-zachary