Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default How to GLUE metal floor and ceiling tracks to concrete

On Dec 12, 11:41*pm, doug wrote:
Is anyone know about using GLUE rather than screws or pins?? *This is
in connection to building a interior non load bearing wall.

I glue the wall stud plates to concrete when remodelling basements
that have water tubing imbedded in the concrete slab (for heat). To
not risk imbedding a fastener in the heat tubing. A polyurethane
adhesive holds as tight as any other fastener, probably better, just
put some blocks or sandbags on the work while it is curing. I once
had to remove a wall plate I glued in the wrong place... by the time I
got it peeled from the floor it took a divot of concrete with it (glue
was stronger). Glue would not be an invasion, but in my opinion some
2.5 inch drywall screws to hold your wall plates down/up would not be
an intrusion either as they are not going to pop into your neighbors
condo.