Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT - Slightly - Eyeglass frame problem

Reed wrote:
LouB wrote:
The metal support for one of the nose pieces broke off my eyeglass
frame. Frame is metal.
Any ideas other than buying new frames ($$$)?

Lou

Have you Googled for

eyeglass frame repair weld

yet ??

There are places:
you can send frames in for repair,
places that will send you a repair kit,
sites with how-to advice

Yellow Pages- look for jewelers/silversmiths that advertise in-house
custom work. (IOW, not at a mall.) The work you want is very much like
fixing an old piece of jewelry. No big deal with the right tools,
supplies, and experience, but not really cost-effective for a one-time
DIY project.

But discuss ballpark cost figures with them first- with entry-level
glasses from a McEyedoctor being only 50-60 bucks, I'd be inclined to
put this in the 'life is too damn short' category, and just replace them.

--
aem sends...