Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Gun Checkering

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:38:44 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

snip

We here in the United States of America consider the entire populace
to be the "...well regulated militia..." that is described in our
Constitution. As such, it is not merely our right but our duty to
transmit the knowledge and wisdom that goes along with gun ownership
to our progeny.

OK, where is the real Tom Watson and what have you done with him? I
actually agree with what you have written.

And so, Grasshopper, you begin to see that there is more complexity to
our engagement than the mere hurling of insults such as, "Liberal",
or, "Democrat"?

snip

We have a wonderful organization called the National Rifle Association
that helps us to train our young people in the safe and effective use
of firearms. They also lobby, very effectively, to keep our right to
bear arms as it was intended by the Founders of our country.

I am happy to be a member and I am happy to say that my son is now
also a member.

A surprise -- quite a happy surprise, but one none the less.

I joined the NRA in 1960. I have occasionaly sent them checks in
excess of my membership dues.

Yes - I voted for Obama. I also voted for Nixon and Regan.

Go figure.

tom

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:51:12 -0500, Tom Watson
wrote:

I've ordered a CZ Lux bolt action .22
http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=3 for my eleven year old
for Christmas.

The specs and the reportage on this piece are excellent but it has one
funny elision. It is checkered on the grip but not on the forearm.

Well, you know, that just won't do.

I think that I have a decent read on how to go about this with the
carving tools that I have in hand but - I'm not a gunsmith. Does this
way madness lie?

I figured to lay it out and cut to the bevel on the layout lines - but
what do I know?

Do you guys have a clue as to how this is usually done?

tom

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/