Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] is offline

Default Name of a spring??

Awl --

It looks, in principle, like a "single wire hose clamp", with two "ears" you
squeeze with a pliers -- essentially a one-loop torsion spring.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000078342284
is an example.

But, the one I'm looking for (I've seen'em) has multiple turns, for
retaining shafts, altho not in motors. You've seen a type used on barballs,
as well.
They grab very well, without requiring the shaft to be grooved, but can be
easily released.

I'm looking for small ones, to retain 1/2" to 5/8" rod sticking out of 2"
tube.

What are they called? Can't find them in msc, McM, Spaenauer, Century or
Lee spring, etc.

Appreciate any leads, clues.

--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??