Posted to se.prat.diverse,uk.d-i-y
Charlie R Charlie R is offline

Default how to seal a "slamfärg"-painted house (forover-painting with latex)?

Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:12:51 -0800 (PST), John Nagelson ba:

I have just bought a small cottage in northern Sweden. At the moment
the exterior wood is painted with "slamfärg", the red paint which
leaves a red powder on your hand if you rub it.

I would like to paint the house with latex paint. Various people have
told me that you shouldn't paint this directly onto slamfärg.

What is your objective? Do you want to keep the humidity in the
wall as high as possible so that it rots as fast as possible?

In my neighbourhood on Stockholm, several hundred new houses were
painted with latex paint in the mid-70's. Less than ten years
later, it was time for replacing the exterior eooden panel. If
this is your wish, then by all means go ahead and destroy your house.

Charlie.
--
Abstainer, n.:
A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a