Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default If you make toys...

Curran Copeland wrote:
wrote in message
In August the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act was passed as a
reaction to the wonderful garbage China has been sending us in the
form of lead painted toys. Unfortunately Uncle Sam, in all his
infinite wisdom, has overreacted with a law that it is completely
impossible for any small business (that's you) to comply with. I
know, you're shocked.

I encourage you to investigate the law and contact your
representatives.

Some links:
http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/cpsia.html
http://www.handmadetoyalliance.org/

I have spent the morning looking into this legislation and have been told
by one senator's office that they are two busy to talk to me and by a number
of government that there is no one there who can help me, please leave a
message or I have gotten answering machines that can not take messages
because they are to full of unanswered messages. Makes me wonder what my
taxes are going for, oh yeah I remember for the rich to get richer.

It's a lot more informative when you name the Senator and tell /which/
government offices you called that weren't responsive...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar