Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default fridge 15W SES blulb

"The Crimson King" wrote in message
On 10 Dec, 14:49, The Crimson King wrote:
On 10 Dec, 14:43, The Crimson King wrote:

On 10 Dec, 09:19, wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Toby" writes:

Surely a 15W lamp is going to be running at the same temperature
as any
other filament lamp at the same voltage?

No, there's a range of temperatures filament lamps operate over.

If the "special appliance" lamp is also 15w, but produces less
light, it
would throw out even more heat!?

A 15W mains filament lamp is so inefficient, that you can regard it
as generating 100% heat to a first approximation.

Surely, regardless of how efficient or otherwise it is at producing
light, the light ends up as heat anyway. So given a 15 watt lamp
*all* of the 15 watts ends up heating the room that the lamp is in
except for any light that escapes the room.

--
Chris Green

Light energy spontaneously transforms to heat energy!!!!....

Ummmm, interesting concept!!!!

So... a 11W low energy bulb which gives equivalent light to a 60W
filament bulb generates the same heat?????

Ummmm... right.... you switch on your 60W filament for an hour and
I'll do the same with my 11W low-energy... then we'll both grasp our
bulbs... and see who gets the worse burns shall we???

(Me, ummmm... a bit warm...you, call the ambulance)

OK... can an inconsistency here....

So put your 60W bulb in a 100% insulated container for 1 hour....
And I'll put my 11W in an identical container for 6 hours......

And at the end of each span measure temp. rises....

Yours easily 60+ degree rise...
Mine... probably less than 10 degrees...

You don't understand physics do you?
I suggest you read some books as all your assumptions appear to be in error.