Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Groh Charlie Groh is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 02:52:26 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"Charlie Groh" wrote in message
are those exceptions who "go postal and all," but I submit to you the
unrealized/underreported statistics of "protection" or "deterence" by
far outweigh those anomolies.

Ok, then I have no choice except to acquiesce to your opinion/experience.
And, I'll admit that even though I like to think I'm cognizant of what's
going on through my friends and connections, I could well be truly unaware
of what's really happening. You just can't ever know for sure can you?

produce missunderstandings for those reading a thread for the first
time...not to mention those who've written those (may be) relevant (to
them) words. Dig? You're a smart fellow...

Yup, that's one of the serious downfalls of this means of communication.
Talking in text will never approach all the inflections and idiosyncrasies
we experience when talking to someone in person.

Pax

....heh, OK then. Take your last sentence, though...it sounds like
you're responding/commenting (agreeing?) to what I've written about
usenet protocol, and our faulty system of communication here, yet you
truncate my words? Hopefully it's an old dog/new trick thing!

I have respect for your opinion...after all, different circumstances
produce different people.

cg (and pax to you, too)