Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"Charlie Groh" wrote in message
enforcement. You're still on the arrogant side..

Maybe, but so what?

...so it colors whatever you say with bias. I figured loooong ago

Then you could say that about everybody. Anybody with a personality has
their own sense of self-worth which they project to others and could be
considered arrogance.

plenty of *bad* folks out there relish the though of an unarmed and
vulnerable *you!* And, no, they might not be as smart as you, either.

I don't know how old you are Charlie, but maybe you can relate. I'm 54. When
I went to school, just like any other school of any time and place, there
were bullies, people to be afraid of. You dealt with that as you were able.
But, nowhere in my experience in all the schools I attended were there
students that felt the need to be armed. I'm talking about knives. These
days, kids are carrying knives (and sometimes guns) into school, when they
go shopping, wherever. ~ All with the thought that they need to be armed for
protection. Guns are a simple extension of that thinking. Going about your
life day to day while living in an atmosphere of fear is a terrible way to
live.

Thinking smart and being careful is advisable anywhere. The need to carry
armament tells me there's something intrinsically wrong with society. That's
how I feel. Obviously, many disagree with me. It's their right to think that
way, but for Christ's sake, give me the same right.