Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default If you make toys...

On Dec 10, 6:59 pm, "Curran Copeland"
wrote:
wrote in message

In August the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act was passed as a
reaction to the wonderful garbage China has been sending us in the
form of lead painted toys. Unfortunately Uncle Sam, in all his
infinite wisdom, has overreacted with a law that it is completely
impossible for any small business (that's you) to comply with. I
know, you're shocked.

I encourage you to investigate the law and contact your
representatives.

Some links:
http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/cpsia.html
http://www.handmadetoyalliance.org/

-Kevin

I read this and guess I will need a bail out due to the influence of
Anti-American business influences, the US Congress. I don't see how any
small toy maker can meet the standards set up here.

And it's not just toys. Clothing. Everything. Some companies are
already announcing they are pulling out of the US market.

http://www.playthings.com/article/CA6620437.html

-Kevin