Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default fridge 15W SES blulb

"The Crimson King" wrote in message
On 10 Dec, 15:00, "Bob Mannix" wrote:
"The Crimson King" wrote in
On 10 Dec, 14:43, The Crimson King wrote:

On 10 Dec, 09:19, wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Toby" writes:

Surely a 15W lamp is going to be running at the same temperature
as
any
other filament lamp at the same voltage?

No, there's a range of temperatures filament lamps operate over.

If the "special appliance" lamp is also 15w, but produces less
light, it
would throw out even more heat!?

A 15W mains filament lamp is so inefficient, that you can regard it
as generating 100% heat to a first approximation.

Surely, regardless of how efficient or otherwise it is at producing
light, the light ends up as heat anyway. So given a 15 watt lamp
*all* of the 15 watts ends up heating the room that the lamp is in
except for any light that escapes the room.

--
Chris Green

Light energy spontaneously transforms to heat energy!!!!....

Ummmm, interesting concept!!!!

-So... a 11W low energy bulb which gives equivalent light to a 60W
-filament bulb generates the same heat?????

Who said that? any 11W bulb in a closed environment (heat and light can't
escape) will generate 11W of heating in the environment. The fact that
it's
a bulb is irrelevant - it could be a radio - if 11W of power id going in
and
nothing can come out, then ithe inside will heat up according to the
power
going in.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)- Hide quoted text -

LIGHT comes out... NOT heat!!!

It's all energy and energy is, in the end, heat. You will note I referred to
a closed environment where nothing comes out. If the light were to come out
it would get converted to heat (or, occasionally, chemical energy)
elsewhere. As it can't get out, it will all end up as heat inside. That be
physics, I'm afraid, don't blame me, read a text book!

Catfood, catfood, catfood, again! (sorry your nom de plume set me off)