Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default OT - We're In Trouble Now

"charlieb" wrote

When things are going well Madison Avenue pushes soft luxurious -
expensive things. When things go south they go for strong, tough - and
reliable.

There's a TV ad going out here - with cartoon bears - the message
"Widgets (or whatever the product's called) - Strong AND Tough!"

The product - "bathroom tissues" (read toilet paper).

I never understood the need for "scented" - a box of kitchen matches
left in the bathroom works pefectly well.

But when I think of toilet paper - "tough" and "strong" sort of creeps
me out.
Thankfully, they didn't inlcude a products comparison in graphic terms.

I think the Economic Crisis may be worse than we've been lead to
believe.

I remember, years ago, reading an article about Consumer Reports. It said
that in all the years of testing products, they only had two products that
they could not come up with a way to test them. One was toilet paper.

This is a product that can easily be tested by the consumer. That cheap
stuff from Costco is cruel and unusual punishment.