Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
matthew maguire[_2_] matthew maguire[_2_] is offline

Default BS Universal

jw wrote:
I just posted a picture to the dropbox, (http://www.metalworking.com/
dropbox/bs_universal.JPG)

I'm wondering if someone out there can confirm that it is a universal
table? And what size of machine this may be.

I will be going to look at it shortly, but looking for some informed
feedback before I do so.

Thanks

JW

Looks like a #2 universal w/40 taper. These are quiet, solid, strong and
the table clamps very well. I can't remember if they had anti-backlash
for climb milling.

I don't see the overarm support or any arbors.

The only issue with these is if you breathe on the starter handle (top)
some of them will engage (surprise), real hare trigger.

Matt