Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vernon[_2_] Vernon[_2_] is offline

Default Bridgeport hole in the wall

On Dec 9, 11:16*pm, Don Foreman wrote:
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:50:12 -0800 (PST), Vernon
wrote:

Gentlemen.

I am still in the process of covering up the gaping hole in the back
bedroom wall after removing the studs and siding in order to shove the
Bridgeport into its new home.

In order to prepare for the day I might want to take it OUT again I
embarked on a grande scheme to install 36" "french doors" in the
hole. *I have framed in the opening with 4" channel iron. *Now I'm
installing and trimming the two steel doors. *I'm slow as molasses in
the winter but I do good work what little there is of it.

By the time I'm done the doors will be about as secure as doors can
be. *Then I will resume work rewiring the house and installing the VFD
to drive the mill.

As slow as I move y'all should rejoice that I'm not on your payroll.

Steel doors *framed with 4" channel iron, yes! * I'd love to see the
faces of the SWAT team that tries to bash thru that with their door
ram, nevermind the burglar with the prybar. *- Hide quoted text -

Don, if it's the SWAT team I'll just let 'em provided they say "pretty
please" and the magic password. But the burglar guy is gonna just
have to work hard lfor his keep just like the rest of us. V