Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Well Water Pressure higher then 60PSI?

On Dec 8, 9:23*pm, wrote:
So I have a Pump that can produce more then the typical 60PSI @
30GPM. *I'm drawing from a 5000 gallon tank.

When looking for a Pressure tank I only see ones that have a 40/60 PSI
range on them. * Though the Operating Pressure is like 110PSI. *What
is that all about? * *Can I use my Well-X Troll Pressure tank and a
higher pressure?

Thanks,
* Scott-

Not really enough information. Why do you want that high of
pressure?

Pressures over 60psi is not recommended for residential use. Makes
for excessive strain/wear on fixtures and gives no real benefit. If
the pressure tank were much lower than the residence, then you might
need to have a higher pressure there than at the house. You lose .43
psi per foot elevation difference.

Harry K