Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default Well Water Pressure higher then 60PSI?

wrote in message
So I have a Pump that can produce more then the typical 60PSI @
30GPM. I'm drawing from a 5000 gallon tank.

When looking for a Pressure tank I only see ones that have a 40/60
PSI
range on them. Though the Operating Pressure is like 110PSI. What
is that all about? Can I use my Well-X Troll Pressure tank and a
higher pressure?

Thanks,
Scott-

The only thing I can tell you about that is our experience out at the
farm. We ran a pvc pipe line out to one of the barns and cranked it
up. Don't remember how much the pressure was but it pipe off where the
line came from the tank and turned down into the ground. I don't know
if it just wasn't glued enough or what, but after I fixed it, I cut
the pressure down to a bit under 60 and have not had a problem since.
We have an irrigation system on one of the pastures and I have no idea
what that pumps. It's computer controlled and I guess it self
regulates. I don't think I'd run a whole house system at 110.