Posted to rec.woodworking
R.M.R R.M.R is offline

Default Gun Checkering

Generally I'm pretty okay on doing firearm metal work for myself but
never had any luck with woods especially checkering. I completed a few
handgun grips that were alright for me but would never sell such a job
to any individual, besides they were inexpensive grips from a guys
catch-all box I bought at a show. The problem I see here, even for a
pro is getting your checking to match identically to the checking done
on the grip. Personally speaking that particular firearm mentioned in
the OP is an excellent piece, I've owned CZ products for years and
hold their long guns in high regard however if I wanted the forearm
checkered and planned on using a gold-ring scope (aging eyes) I would
upgrade to the American model 452. I've seen some of CZ's work and on
that Turkish walnut their checking is excellent and not to be confused
with a production run job that resembles a cheese grater.

Ray,